We are seeking new team members at the Behavioral Wellness Clinic.
The Behavioral Wellness Counseling Clinic (bewellct.com) and The New England OCD Institute (ocdtypes.com) is looking for a CBT therapist who can treat both children and adults for obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and other conditions. We are a collegial and friendly group of clinicians, including psychologists, counselors, psychiatrists, and researchers. Clinical supervision and expert training is available. Clinicians must be license eligible in Connecticut. A license in New York or Massachusetts would also be a plus, as well as the ability to see patients online. Minimum requirements are a Master's degree, doctoral degree preferred.
Full or part-time opportunities are available, but no benefits are offered at this time. We offer competitive rates.
If interested please respond by email to ad or call (860) 830-7838 with questions. To apply send a CV/resume, cover letter and the contact information of 3 references.
MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD is currently undergoing Phase III clinical trials. The FDA recently recently approved an Expanded Access (compassionate use) program, which will allow a select number of clinical sites around the country to begin offering this treatment outside of the phase III protocol. The Behavioral Wellness Clinic in Tolland, CT, is currently in search of another physician to work on their expanded access initiative. This physician must be board-certified or board eligible in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Emergency Medicine. The position will be very part time (approximately 10 hrs per patient over a 4-12 month treatment period, approximately 5 patients) and will likely begin in summer or fall 2020.
Physician responsibilities/duties will include:
- Review medical records and medical, surgical, and psychiatric history of patients
- Confirm eligibility of patients
- Perform physical exams
- Communicate with patients' medical providers, as needed
- Assist in medication tapering, as needed
- Provide medical oversight, including safety and adverse event reporting
- Review cardiovascular screening and laboratory results for patients
- Review patients' vitals prior to initial and supplemental drug administration
- Serve on call for the study site for urgent medical needs throughout the duration of each patient's time on study
- Confer with the Medical Monitor about any medical questions or concerns
- Attend weekly site team meetings
- Must be able to travel to Tolland, CT
The Behavioral Wellness Clinic has a special mission to address racial trauma and provide culturally-informed treatment approaches for people from oppressed, marginalized, and stigmatized groups, including those with intersectional identities. To discuss this opportunity further, please contact us.